If you are imagining of how you could reduce energy consumption levels in your home, working on your air ducts would be an excellent spot to start. Are you aware that almost 25% of HVAC duct-work air gets lost because of unwell fitted ducks or leaks? As a result, you end up wasting a lot of money on paying energy bills. Fortunately, there are experts in the market who are ready to solve such problems.
Whenever you discover your air ducts is malfunctioning, you can either seek replacement services, go for a duct work upgrade or air duct cleaning. It is crucial to regularly monitor your air ducts before things get out of hand unknowingly.
Air duct replacement means current air duct modification for effective distribution of air to various rooms in the house that seem to have improper cooling. Air ducts need to be replaced, especially when the existing system deteriorates, gets old, or is no longer effective in its services.
Replacing air ducts is quite an investment and thus calls for experts to carry out the activity from the word go. Apart from saving you a lot of money, an updated air duct will give you ultimate comfort in your house.
There are very many reasons that make air duct replaced. They include;
- Removal of mold -This is mandatory, especially to homes that have been affected by molds. While The metal-air ducts can be cleaned and sanitized, plastic air ducts require a replacement so that mold contamination can be removed at the same time indoor air quality improvement.
- Detrimental problems prevention – Because of air conditioning activities, the air ducts are subjected to wear and tear. As time goes by, the air ducts may fail to condition the air. Why wait for the entire system to break down? Hire replacement experts’ services to help you from incurring massive losses.
- Remediation of Asbestos – Asbestos is very prevalent, especially in a building that has existed for more than 50 years. And these components might have already got into the air duct system. HVAC experts recommend that one should seek professional replacement services for a current and efficient air duct.
Having an inferior air duct is very detrimental. Some of the problems brought about by inadequate air ducts includes;
- Poor air circulation.
- Substandard quality of air.
- Presence of cold and hot spots.
- Noise from the HVAC system.
- Clogged filters.
The duration it takes before replacing the air duct varies from one household to another. Your air ducts get dirty depending the frequency of HVAC usage, the size of the HVAC, and the number of years since the house was build and rate of filter replacement. In most homes, duct-work takes between 10 to 15 years before any fault is seen. However, if your ducts have lasted more than 15 years, get them replaced before severe problems arise.
If you are planning to replace your air ducts, make sure to consult experts from the various replacement services to get different opinions and best service as well. Remember, this is a considerable investment that needs to be done right from its commencement. There are countless companies offering these service, don’t be left out cut yourself the best deal at the most effective price and get maximum comfort in your house.