Clogged or dirty dryer vents not only reduce its performance, it can cause dangers in the home such as fires. Dryer fires are common and mostly come from the metal tube found between the wall and the dryer. This is why dryer vent cleaning Rock Hill SC is important, such cleaning will not only prevent fire hazards, it can also help your dryer to be more efficient and durable.
Dryer vents are independent systems leading directly to the outside and other sets of dryers. For most buildings, the outlets are either placed on ground levels or over the roof. While cleaning dryer vents, it is important to clean the entire system – beginning with the line trap and working your way through the ducts, and then finally the vent flap.
Why is Dryer Vent Cleaning Necessary?
You need to clean your dryer vent for several reasons, which include:
- Prevention of dryer fires – Fire is one of the biggest hazards. Once materials start to build-up in the dryer vent, and the dryer doesn’t produce enough heat to dry your laundry, this can cause a fire. Such fires are the most common appliance-related hazards, and can be prevented by simply cleaning the vents.
- Have a better quality of air – In some cases, the vents can separate from the dryer. When this happens, instead of fumes to exit the building, they get in and cause carbon monoxide to buildup. This is very dangerous because the gas is deadly and your family will be exposed.
- For dryer efficiency – It can be frustrating if your clothes take a longer time to thoroughly dry. This is another reason why the vents should be routinely cleaned.
Why is it Dangerous to have your Dryer Vent Blocked?
Some risks associated with having a blocked dryer vent include:
- Fires: When you fail to clean your dryer vents and they get blocked, it’ll try to work harder to remove air, and while at it, more energy will be used and heat will be generated that can easily lead to a fire.
- Gas poisoning: A blocked dryer vent will prevent carbon monoxide from escaping. They’ll accumulate inside the vent and eventually find their way into various rooms in your home.
- Damage to the dryer: If your dryer requires more cycles to effectively dry your clothes, this can lead to strain, and eventually wear and tear.
- Higher energy bills: A dryer that runs for longer to dry cloths will require about 30 percent more energy. This will reflect on your energy bills.
How Often Dryer Vent needs to be Cleaned?
The most obvious sign that your dryer requires cleaning is when your clothes take longer to dry. Cleaning your dryer vent is an important part of keeping your home safe and ensuring the appliance works perfectly. The important thing to consider when determining the frequency to carry out the cleaning exercise is how often you make use of the dryer. If you do very little laundry every well, then the vent should be cleaned once a year. But if you have a large family that constantly make use of the dryer, then it is advisable to clean once in six months.
A thorough vent cleaning should include:
- Inspecting the vent opening from outside
- Getting rid of obstructions found outside the vent
- Clearing lint that has accumulated over time
- Cleaning the spaces behind the dryer
- Removing all dirt found in the drum and lint trap
All these sound like a lot of work, which is why it is advisable to hire the services of reliable dryer vent cleaners such as Amazing Air Duct Rock Hill to efficiently do the job.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Company in Rock Hill
When it comes to hiring a dryer vent cleaning company, it is best to work with professionals that have been in the business for a long time, thus have the required experience to get the job done effectively. It is best to avoid those cleaners that just started recently and are already claiming to be the best.
At Amazing Air Duct Rock Hill, you are guaranteed to get the best vent cleaning service. Their team of qualified cleaners will work with you all through the process, providing you professional advice. This company has been in the business for over two decades now, providing quality duct cleaning for people in Rock Hill.
They make use of quality equipment and their cleaning methods are environmentally friendly, ensuring the safety of clients. Other reasons why you should choose Amazing Air Duct are:
- Vast experience
- Friendly to customers
- Best cleaning equipment